Sunday, October 19, 2014

Champion By: Marie Lu

Author: Marie Lu

Published By: The Penguin Group

Released: November 5th, 2013

Official Synopsis: "June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic-and each other- and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. June is back in the good graces of the Republic, working within the government's elite circles as Princeps-Elect, while Day has been assigned a high-level military position.

But neither could have predicted the circumstances that will reunite them: just when a peace treaty is imminent, a plague outbreak causes panic in the Colonies, and war threatens the Republic's border cities. This new strain of plague is deadlier than ever, and June is the only who knows the key to the country's defense. But saving the lives of thousands will mean asking the one she loves to give up everything."




My Review: I cant say to much without giving spoilers away so this review will be a little shorter that my other ones. I recommend before reading this to make sure you have read the other books in the trilogy. Now lets get started. In the beginning of the book June and Day are living two separate lives; and June still doesn't know Day is sick. The war isn't with the Republic and the Patriots anymore, it is now with the Republic and the Colonies. Things with the Colonies seemed to be going good until a new plague virus breaks out and June and Day are both called upon to fix it. Because Day's little brother had a mutated version of this virus, Day is struggling with the thought of the Republic wanting to experiment on him. June and Day have make very big sacrifices for the ones that they love as well as for the future of their country.

In this book we get to see more of the political aspect of the war rather than past books where they have been in the field. One thing I liked was how New Antarctica and Africa played such a big role in helping the war efforts. Unfortunately I didn't like how the whole book seemed hopeless...  We already know Day is sick and we keep seeing him get worse and worse. Another thing I didn't like was the ending. I was really invested in this series and it didn't feel right the way it ended... The character development wasn't great, but it is the last book so I get that they can't develop too much more... Overall I felt this book was really good, just not my favorite. Even though this book wan't my favorite, I still can't wait to keep reading more of Marie Lu's books!

Review for Prodigy 
Review for Legend

I give this book 3 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment