Sunday, November 30, 2014

Destined for Doon By: Carey Corp & Lorie Langdon

Author: Carey Corp & Lorie Langdon

Published By: Blink

Released: September 2nd, 2014

Official Synopsis: "When Mackenna Reid left the land of Doon to follow her dream of a Broadway career, She thought she was making the right decision. But nearly a year later, Kenna still can't shake visions of the prince she left standing on the Bridg O' Doon-a man who now must surely hate her. When Duncan shows up unexpectedly in her dressing room, begging for her return to Doon, she agrees to go, but only for the sake of her best friend, Veronica. She's determined not to fall for Duncan again- or to let Duncan fall for her.

Back in Doon, Veronica is in over her head. Not all citizens of Doon are eager to except her as their new queen, and, worse, a mysterious evil has crossed the border, threatening the kingdom in every direction. Veronica longs to team up with Jamie for support, but lately she's begun to suspect he sees her as nothing more than a powerless figurehead-and an incompetent one at that. As Veronica and Mackenna reunite to save Doon from the growing darkness, they discover that the threat is even greater-and more dangerous-than they imagined, and a happily ever after might be out of reach." 



My Review:

I recommend  you read the first book, Doon before reading this review.

 Not a day goes by that Kenna doesn't think about Duncan... And it's really starting to get to her... When he shows up in her dressing room asking for her to come back to Doon she thinks it's all a dream. But what Kenna doesn't know is that this "dream" can easily become a nightmare. An evil fungus has spread over Doon and it's destroying everything in its path, and Mackenna and Veronica are the only ones who can save them... Kenna agrees to go back, but she is absolutely sure that her and Duncan can't be together so she will won't stop at anything to make him see that.  

In Destined for Doon we get to see Mackenna's viewpoint much more. I wasn't sure I was going to like it as much because in Doon  I preferred Veronica's POV (Point Of View)  But to my supersize I loved Mackenna's POV just as much as I did Veronica's. The character development was slow in the beginning, but that is to be expected considering how bitter and alone both Kenna and Duncan felt. But towards the end, both went thought a massive change that was for the better. The world of Doon is explained perfectly! I felt like I actually had a visual map in my head while reading. The one thing I wished to see was for Duncan start to warm up to Mackenna a little bit faster. I would of liked to see more of the relationship between Kenna and Duncan after they both revealed their true feelings.

I have to make a whole separate paragraph dedicated to the epilogue! I mean what the heck happened!!! if you have any idea's leave them down in the  comments below, because I am soooo confused, but in a good way.(Is that even possible, lol)

 I give this book a 4.75 out of 5 stars!

My Review: Doon (Book #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment